[j-nsp] mx960 to mx960 via ciena 6500 - mtu smaller in the middle

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Tue Apr 17 09:05:30 EDT 2018

It depends if the DWDM gear is purely L1 or if it is doing OTN switching (it will be doing OTN if you are mapping 1 or more lower rate client side signals into 1 or more higher rate line side signals).  The latter deals with framing and would have MTU limits.  The former would have a 1:1 mapping from each client side wave to a each line side wave.