[j-nsp] Going Juniper

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Thu Apr 19 09:28:10 EDT 2018

The way I've deployed my dual MX104's for CGNat using the MS-MIC-16G has
been great for us.  I now have ~5,000 DSL subscribers and one Cable Modem
CMTS community (/24 - ~250 subs) all sitting behind those dual MX104's....

The MX104's are both similar...
- dual 10 gig connected with ae lag
- mpls enabled PE, like Nat-on-a-stick
- purely MPLS L3VPN
--- inside domain is MPLS L3VPN
------ inside domain for dsl - vrf x
------ inside domain for cable modem - vrf y
--- outside domain is MPLS L3VPN
------ same outside domain for internet next hop for both dsl and cable
modem, however I use a different public outside pool for dsl and cable modem

...just wanted to say that the way I'm using the MX104's is working out
quite nicely.

-Aaron

"..... Shame though about the MX104's, only had those in since 2016.

.....But the MX104 was, basically, a very poor decision from Juniper. I hope
it's haunting at least one person there never to repeat such in the future.
You can't play games with your customers like that..."