[j-nsp] Access to junos downloads

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Aug 3 04:40:07 EDT 2018

I think almost every business cases are insensitive to network IP
CAPEX. And only reason lot of people think it's not true, because they
look their business unit budget, not company budget. And it's just
issue of misbudgeting.
Usually people are surprised what the lowest tier of support cost YRC
is, so at least ask for quote first. I think the main problem here is
sourcing, if it's gray sourced that may increase costs.

Now, if you really wanna be ghetto fabulous, you can read PSIRT and
request fixed releases to the bugs, this way you can contract free get
new releases to address security issues.

On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 at 23:30, Alex Martino via juniper-nsp
<juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net> wrote:

> Good evening,
>
> I have recently acquired a Juniper MX80 and MX240, both refurbished. I am now looking for a cheap and effective way to get access to junos downloads without having a j-care on all of it, so I can apply patches to my devices.
>
> Is there a "smart way" to get access to the downloads without breaking the bank? I welcome any feedback in private email as well.
>
> Many thanks,
> Alex

  ++ytti