[j-nsp] BGP session - code 6 (Cease) subcode 4 (Administratively Reset)

Giovanni Bellac giovannib1979 at ymail.com
Thu Aug 9 04:49:53 EDT 2018

Hi all,
we have a VC of two EX4200-24T running. We have BGP sessions (each IPv4 and IPv6, default route only) running on each member to different upstreams.
Periodically we are seeing in var/log/messages on only one IPv4 session

 code 6 (Cease) subcode 4 (Administratively Reset)

A "show bgp summary" is showing that the session has flapped. BUT:
1) There is no traffic decrease.2) The affected upstream has no flap/log on his side.3) This is only on the IPv4 session, not on the IPv6 session to the same upstream on the same 10G link.

Any ideas ?
Kind regards,Giovanni