[j-nsp] BGP session - code 6 (Cease) subcode 4 (Administratively Reset)

Jayaraj Shantharam jay_shantharam at rediffmail.com
Thu Aug 9 07:41:45 EDT 2018

Hi,The code 6 Notification message in BGP means that the bgp session has been cleared by a user. When you manually clear a BGP connection, you generate a Cease (Error Code 6) Notification message on the local router.Even  a configuration change that alters the parameters of an existing session will generate a Cease message by the local router. So check if it was done by the user.Regards,JayFrom: Giovanni Bellac via juniper-nsp <juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net>Sent: Thu, 09 Aug 2018 14:20:26To: Juniper List <juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net>Subject: [j-nsp] BGP session - code 6 (Cease) subcode 4 (Administratively Reset)Hi all,we have a VC of two EX4200-24T running. We have BGP sessions (each IPv4 and IPv6, default route only) running on each member to different upstreams.Periodically we are seeing in var/log/messages on only one IPv4 sessioncode 6 (Cease) subcode 4 (Administratively Reset)A "show bgp summary" is showing that the session has flapped. BUT:1) There is no traffic decrease.2) The affected upstream has no flap/log on his side.3) This is only on the IPv4 session, not on the IPv6 session to the same upstream on the same 10G link.Any ideas ?Kind regards,Giovanni_______________________________________________juniper-nsp mailing list juniper-nsp at puck.nether.nethttps://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp