[j-nsp] Juniper vs Arista

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 21:08:29 EDT 2018

We have used Juniper for a long time across various lines. What I have
noticed is on the JTAC recommend version website piratically all of their
product lines are running on different code trains. They all run Junos yes,
but they all have different features. It seems like Juniper has a different
software development team for every product.

Arista's sales engineering are claiming that their entire product line runs
EOS, and there is a single firmware file for all products. Does anyone know
if that is true, and how that compares to the way Juniper does things?