[j-nsp] Carrier interfaces and hold timers

Olivier Benghozi olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr
Wed Aug 15 19:52:17 EDT 2018

In some cases, we have used holdtimers to wait before setting up the interface, but never before setting down it (if it's down, it's down, there are technologies to fast reroute).
But a link is not expected to flap in normal case. If it flaps, it's broken (and we all know it happens).

This being said, if you have a carrier explaining that you should expect only crap from them, you should:
- name and shame ;
- throw their services away ;
because they are clearly playing you for a sucker.

About the MX80: it doesn't lack buffer space, it lacks RAM and CPU.