[j-nsp] L3VPN/RR/PE on Same router

Robert Raszuk robert at raszuk.net
Fri Aug 17 11:21:53 EDT 2018

> It's about increasing the odds of it to fall on the right side,

Exactly !

> But comparing say XR and Junos, judging from the rest of the inner workings

I could experience empirically, I'd say they are sufficiently different
> implementations.

True. In fact even XE & XR BGP code core is quite different in spite of
number of failed
attempts to at least make new bgp features to share code.

The bottom line is that if you get badly malformed update, broken
attribute, illegal NLRIs, mistaken blast of BGP-LS etc .. the probability
that all of those BGP implementations crash is much less likely then when
compared that your chosen one will work even if you run two instances of
it.