[j-nsp] [c-nsp] L3VPN/RR/PE on Same router

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Sat Aug 18 07:02:03 EDT 2018

Really? Interesting, didn't know that, are these features documented anywhere? I could not find anything looking for multi instance RPD.
Are the RPD instances as ships in night, each maintaining its own set of tables and protocols?

> Personally I'd run the RRs for different AFIs in separate hardware, because
> RR  hardware is not really where the costs are.

Yeah all the costs are in edge devices, even core routers HW is order of magnitude more expensive than that of RRs

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::