[j-nsp] Junos version to run on EX4550 with 40g module?

Nick Schmalenberger nick at schmalenberger.us
Mon Aug 27 03:50:50 EDT 2018

I have a pair of standalone EX4550s running 12.3R6.6 that have
been stable for a few years. I have 2 EX4550-EM-2QSFPs to install
one in each switch, and I understand from
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/reference/specifications/expansion-module-ex4550.html
that I will need to upgrade Junos to newer than 13.2X50-D10.

In an earlier thread this month though, it was said that 15.1R7
isn't stable on the EX4550 even though its currently recommended,
so is anyone using these modules and can recommend a stable
version?

Are the problems with 15.1R7 on a EX4500/EX4550 relevant to a
standalone configuration? OSPF and VRRP are the protocols being
used, with a loop free topology. I also have a pair of EX4500s in
a somewhat less production environment but same network design
I'm planning to run the newer version on for a month or so first.

Thanks!
-Nick