[j-nsp] Junos version to run on EX4550 with 40g module?

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Mon Aug 27 09:04:52 EDT 2018

I have a (2) virtual chassis's of EX4550's.

They've been solid performers for years. (1896 days)

Running 12.2R4.5 as pure Ethernet switches with stp, virtual chassis, lots
of ae interfaces.

Recently I installed the EX4550-EM-2QSFP with QSFP+-40G-LR4 for dual 40 gig
uplinks into my core MX960's, for aggregate ae interfaces link of 80 gbps

In doing this I too saw that I had to upgrade to 13.2X50-D10 but I recall
that I couldn't find that version on juniper.net so I went with something
newer.
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics
/reference/specifications/expansion-module-ex4550.html

My plan was to extend my mpls edge into this EX4550 VC

I installed 15.1R6-S2.1

I tried to run MPLS L3VPN's in the EX4550 VC, but it's not acting right so I
reverted back to pure Ethernet switching in the EX4550 VC and will probably
be fine with MPLS edge on the MX960's

15.1R6-S2.1 has been working fine.

- Aaron