[j-nsp] LSP's with IPV6 on Juniper

Olivier Benghozi olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr
Mon Aug 27 12:57:05 EDT 2018

In global we have 6PE.
In VRF we have 6VPE.
Just works so far.

An yes, the MPLS control-plane uses only IPv4: (the intercos between routers are in IPv4, LDP uses IPv4, IGP uses IPv4, and IPv6 is really announced over specific AFI/SAFI (labeled unicast IPv6 for 6PE, VPNv6 for 6VPE) in IPv4 MP-iBGP sessions ; but it doesn't matter.

Of course the actual IPv6 loopbacks won't go to inet6.3 since they are not used to resolve the routes (you will see your IPv4 mapped over IPv6 addressing). The next-hops are IPv4, but again, it doesn't matter, only the results matter: it works :)

You don't explicitly "change" the next-hop of IPv6 using policies, you just use nexthopself and that's it.