[j-nsp] LSP's with IPV6 on Juniper

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Tue Aug 28 11:58:22 EDT 2018

> Of craig washington
> Sent: Monday, August 27, 2018 5:40 PM
>
> Hello all.
>
> Wondering if anyone is using MPLS with IPV6?
>
> I have read on 6PE and the vpn counterpart but these all seem to take into
> account that the CORE isn't running IPV6?
>
> My question is how can we get the ACTUAL IPV6 loopback addresses into
> inet6.3 table? Would I need to do a rib import for directly connected?
>
> If you run "ipv6-tunneling" this seems to only work if the next-hop is an IPV4
> address. (next-hop self)
>
> I also messed around with changing the next-hop on the v6 export policy to
> the IPV4 loopback and this works too but figured there should be a different
> way?
>
> So overall, I am trying to find a way for v6 routes to use the same LSP's as v4
> without changing the next hop to a v4 address.

I'm not aware of any v6 extensions for RSVP.

Just out of curiosity is there a business problem/requirement/limitation you're trying to solve by not changing the next hop to v6 mapped v4 address and using native v6 NHs instead please?
Please be aware that whatever solution you'll find will likely put you on the long tail of the usual deployment graph with all its drawbacks.
On contrary 6PE/6VPE is such a well-trodden path.

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::