[j-nsp] LSP's with IPV6 on Juniper

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Aug 29 03:39:52 EDT 2018

On Wed, 29 Aug 2018 at 08:15, Rob Foehl <rwf at loonybin.net> wrote:

> The world is covered with well-trodden paths that have fallen into disuse
> with the arrival of newer, better, more convenient infrastructure.

That newer and better is Segment Routing, it does IPv6.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/example/example-configuring-spring-srgb.html

Personally I do not care about having dual-plane control-plane, adds
cost, time, complexity, scale and reduces availability. I'm perfectly
happy with decoupling sold products from internal technical signalling
and using IPv4 only signalling + 6(V)PE for service up until I fork
lift to IPv6 only signalling and 4(V)PE.

--
  ++ytti