[j-nsp] LSP's with IPV6 on Juniper

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Aug 29 04:58:27 EDT 2018

On 29/Aug/18 09:39, Saku Ytti wrote:

> That newer and better is Segment Routing, it does IPv6.
>
> https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/example/example-configuring-spring-srgb.html

And we had this discussion on this and other lists over the past couple
of months, where it's not yet very clear whether MPLSv6 courtesy of SR
actually works in the data plane.

> Personally I do not care about having dual-plane control-plane, adds
> cost, time, complexity, scale and reduces availability. I'm perfectly
> happy with decoupling sold products from internal technical signalling
> and using IPv4 only signalling + 6(V)PE for service up until I fork
> lift to IPv6 only signalling and 4(V)PE.

And I think there is nothing wrong with that if that is your design choice.

I prefer native but independent MPLS forwarding between IPv4 and IPv6,
to reduce the scope of fate sharing as much possible. But yes, just my
design choice.

Mark.