[j-nsp] LSP's with IPV6 on Juniper

craig washington craigwashington01 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 29 09:10:15 EDT 2018

No, there isn't a particular business problem or requirement.

When I set this up in the lab (logical systems) and followed the Juniper documentation for setting up 6PE the IPV6 prefixes didn't resolve to LSP's.

The documentation says to add labeled unicast with explicit null and tunneling.

I had 2 groups, one for v4 and one for v6. I added the commands to v4 group and didn't see a change.

I removed it all and tried adding it to v6 group and no change.

The only way I got it to work was with mpls tunneling for v6 and on the export policy for the v6 group I changed the next hop from self to the v4 address of the advertising PE.

A side note, I also got it to work by adding static routes to the inet6.3 table but that's not feasible.

It is entirely possible I did something wrong but I went back through and only saw those commands that were needed so I figured it had something to do with the CORE not being just IPv4 so that's why I just changed the next hop to the IPv4 address of the PE.

I am aware I can run multiple protocols but sometimes with my current employer a lot of things are rush jobs so I didn't want to roll out LDP.

Thanks again for taking time to read through all my convoluted babble 😊