[j-nsp] DHCP Client subscriber management

Andrey Kostin ankost at podolsk.ru
Thu Dec 13 10:16:37 EST 2018

Hi Mattew,

In Junos there is no dedicated feature set for subscriber management,
all features are included in regular Junos package, but you need to
activate some licenses to use it. If you have already working AAA system
for DHCP subscribers, Junos should be capable to work with it. Regarding
hardware I'd strongly recommend to use physical routers for subscribers,
at least 2 for redundancy, separate from core routers, although there is
a new feature that allows to virtualize physical resources and dedicate
ports to particular virtual host, it's very new. For MX204 you probably
need to check if all needed features are supported on that platform.

Kind regards,
Andrey