[j-nsp] ftp.juniper.net

Niall Donaghy niall.donaghy at geant.org
Wed Dec 19 18:11:22 EST 2018

@Tom: Oh sure, hardlinks are rife and a HTTP 301 might be a bit crude.

I favour what Chris suggests.

Getting rather too involved in this no doubt ... but I wonder how we are all
defining 'deprecated'.
My dictionary says 'in the process of being replaced' --- which I take to
mean (employing the principle of least surprise) that during the process it
will work until the replacement arrives, at which point it will be
decommissioned, retired, removed, dereferenced. For me that means not just
firewalling off 21/tcp or stopping the service, but clearly stating in the
documentation that $thing is dead.

Surely I'm procrastinating with such pedantry here. =)  :D