[j-nsp] juniper-nsp Digest, Vol 193, Issue 24

Amarjeet Singh techie.logging at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 00:59:44 EST 2018

> I do agree with Emille, feel free to hit provide feedback for
> documentation.

I would recommended to disable periodic-refresh for BBE.
There is KB which explains this.

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB27474

set accounting-options periodic-refresh disable

Periodic-refresh is disabled to change the default behavior for statistics
collection. Before Broadband Edge (BBE), statistics were constantly
collected by Junos. This consumes CPU cycles that are needed by BBE for
call setup. So, an option to only collect statistics on demand was needed.
Disabling periodic refresh makes the change in statistics collection to on
demand. There is no negative impact to statistics accuracy or rate when set
this way.

Br, Amarjeet