[j-nsp] Single RE-S-X6-64G with "error: Unrecognized command (chassis-control)"

Dave Peters - Terabit Systems Dave at terabitsystems.com
Mon Feb 12 17:41:27 EST 2018

Hi all--

Forgive my ignorance, but I've got an RE-S-X6-64G running in an MX480 (BP3) with an SCBE2, version 15.1R6.7, and it has a chassis-control problem:

root> show chassis environment
error: Unrecognized command (chassis-control)

root> show chassis hardware
error: Unrecognized command (chassis-control)

. . . etc.

The show version command indicates "Model: olive," which leads me to believe I've got a bad/wrong version, but Juniper's website says I'm good to go: https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/reference/general/routing-engine-m-mx-t-series-support-by-chassis.html#sec-mx480-res

And trying to restart chassis-control isn't working. I'm sure I'm missing something simple. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Much appreciated.

--Dave Peters