[j-nsp] Transit composite next hops

Olivier Benghozi olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr
Tue Feb 13 15:03:17 EST 2018

> On 13 feb. 2018 at 18:51, Luis Balbinot <luis at luisbalbinot.com> wrote :
>
> What is even more misleading is that the MX accepts the transit configuration and commits without warnings. I issued the commit on a standalone router but tomorrow I'm going to setup a lab with 3 routers.

Well, there are plenty of config knobs that JunOS will happily and silently accept on any platform even if unsupported :)
They will either don't do anything, or fuck up something, or do what you expect but without Juniper support/endorsement.
Bet on one :P

> Some docs mention that MPC-only chassis like the MX80 come with CNHs configured as the default, but that's only true for ingress EVPN.

And in fact it's for all MXs.
Crappy doc.

> I'm still confused :-)

It's confusing.