[j-nsp] Experience with MX10003

Alexandre Guimaraes alexandre.guimaraes at ascenty.com
Fri Jan 26 04:42:41 EST 2018

Agreed with Mark.

I have the same discussion with Giuliano about that.

Expensive line cards against 40/100 mx204 or MX10003.

We are using QFX5110 and QFX5100 at transport layer (P) where (up to)40km is the distance. Keeping MX960 and MX480 delivering services (PE).

The detail about those MXs, and why not put services on them is the reliability/redundancy, as a P only, if they crash, all services still running on PE equipments.

I think that’s the clue about Juniper’s investment and business way....

My cents...

att
Alexandre