[j-nsp] Segment Routing Real World Deployment (was: VPC mc-lag)

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Thu Jul 5 04:56:40 EDT 2018

> Of James Bensley
> Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2018 9:15 AM
>
> - 100% rFLA coverage: TI-LA covers the "black spots" we currently have.

Yeah that's an interesting use case you mentioned, that I haven't
considered, that is no TE need but FRR need.
But I guess if it was business critical to get those blind spots
FRR-protected then you would have done something about it already right?
So I guess it's more like it would be nice to have,  now is it enough to
expose the business to additional risk?
Like for instance yes you'd test the feature to death to make sure it works
under any circumstances (it's the very heart of the network after all if
that breaks everything breaks), but the problem I see is then going to a
next release couple of years later -since SR is a new thing it would have a
ton of new stuff added to it by then resulting in higher potential for
regression bugs with comparison to LDP or RSVP which have been around since
ever and every new release to these two is basically just bug fixes.

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::