[j-nsp] License Key Question

Ola Thoresen ola at nytt.no
Sat Jul 7 09:43:55 EDT 2018

Hi,

Juniper has a few different licensing-schemes, some of which are trust based.

They have licences that are paired with the serial number, which will not
install on a different device than it was purchased for.
This is typical for subscription and time limited licenses.

Then they have some licenses which is tied to the customer/order number,
but not the individual unit. So if you buy multiple licences, you only get
one key, and they trust you to not use it in more devices than you pay for.

And lastly they have the really weird universal license keys. They are the
same keys for everyone everywhere. Globally. They are more or less just a
"secret" command to upgrade eg. an MX5 to MX80.

The last two are trust based, but you will not get support if you break
that trust.