[j-nsp] Segment Routing Real World Deployment (was: VPC mc-lag)

Alexandre Guimaraes alexandre.guimaraes at ascenty.com
Mon Jul 9 08:28:55 EDT 2018

That’s correct Mark!

I don’t need run BGP in every router or switch that I have, and  I don’t have VPLS capable equipments in every location, but i have l2circuits equipments in every location because our business is provide l2 services for Carriers and Corporations.
When VPLS p2mp or mp2mp is needed, we use l2circuits to a routing location POP and VPLS to  bridge all routing location POP(PointOfPresence). With IP transit L3 customers, peering partners, upstream providers, the same.

We don’t have small users( xDSL, FTTx, GPON) só we don’t need to take care about some type of usage.

We can tshoot BGP fast and discard after few minutes BGP problems, but Operation Team, NOC Team, can’t or they will be stuck at some point.

Less complexity, more fast to solve the problem.

att
Alexandre