[j-nsp] Does QFX5100-24Q-2P support vxlan?

Chen Jiang ilovebgp4 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 10:16:51 EDT 2018

Hi! Experts

Sorry for disturbing, I am building a EVPN/VXLAN  test bed but found there
is no vxlan option under QFX5100-24Q-2P's  vlans hierarchy:

lab at qfx5k-4# set vlans test ?
Possible completions:
+ apply-groups          Groups from which to inherit configuration data
+ apply-groups-except     Don't inherit configuration data from these groups
+ community-vlans        List of VLAN id or name
 description         Text description of VLANs
 domain-id            Domain-id for auto derived Route Target (1..15)
> forwarding-options      Forwarding options configuration
> interface            Interface name for this VLAN
 isolated-vlan         VLAN id or name
 l3-interface          L3 interface name for this vlans
 mcae-mac-flush         Enable IRB MAC flush in a/s mode for this VLAN on
MCAE link up
 mcae-mac-synchronize     Enable IRB MAC synchronization in this VLAN
> multicast-snooping-options Multicast snooping option configuration
 no-irb-layer-2-copy     Disable transmission of layer-2 copy of packets of
IRB routing-interface
 private-vlan          Type of secondary vlan for private vlan
 service-id           Service id required if VLAN is of type MC-AE, and
vlan-id all or vlan-id none or vlan-tags is configured (1..65535)
> switch-options        VLANs switch-options configuration
 vlan-id             IEEE 802.1q VLAN identifier for VLAN (1..4094)
+ vlan-id-list          Create VLAN for each of the vlan-id specified in
the vlan-id-list
> vlan-tags            IEEE 802.1q VLAN tags for VLANs

But for QFX5100-48S-6Q with same JUNOS Version (17.2R2.8) therr is vxlan
option:
lab at qfx5k-1# set vlans test ?
Possible completions:
+ apply-groups         Groups from which to inherit configuration data
+ apply-groups-except  Don't inherit configuration data from these groups
+ community-vlans      List of VLAN id or name
  description          Text description of VLANs
  domain-id            Domain-id for auto derived Route Target (1..15)
> forwarding-options   Forwarding options configuration
> interface            Interface name for this VLAN
  isolated-vlan        VLAN id or name
  l3-interface         L3 interface name for this vlans
  mcae-mac-flush       Enable IRB MAC flush in a/s mode for this VLAN on
MCAE link up
  mcae-mac-synchronize  Enable IRB MAC synchronization in this VLAN
> multicast-snooping-options  Multicast snooping option configuration
  no-irb-layer-2-copy  Disable transmission of layer-2 copy of packets of
IRB routing-interface
  private-vlan         Type of secondary vlan for private vlan
  service-id           Service id required if VLAN is of type MC-AE, and
vlan-id all or vlan-id none or vlan-tags is configured (1..65535)
> switch-options       VLANs switch-options configuration
  vlan-id              IEEE 802.1q VLAN identifier for VLAN (1..4094)
+ vlan-id-list         Create VLAN for each of the vlan-id specified in the
vlan-id-list
> vlan-tags            IEEE 802.1q VLAN tags for VLANs
> vxlan

Does this means  QFX5100-24Q-2P doesn't support VXLAN? Thanks for your help!

--
BR!

           James Chen