[j-nsp] MX480 Show Chassis Hardware irregularities

Cassell, Brandon bcassell at oar.net
Thu Jun 7 13:35:18 EDT 2018

Hi All,
After replacing a PEM in an MX480 running 14.2R7.5, we noticed that the serial number for the replaced PEM still shows the old serial when issuing a ‘show chassis hardware’ and doesn’t reflect the correct serial for the new PEM. I’ve not gotten anything back from JTAC yet on this, and so far going through other MX480 and MX960 chassis on different versions of code don’t appear to have this issue.
Anyone seen this behavior before?

Thanks,
Brandon