[j-nsp] MX480 Show Chassis Hardware irregularities

Niall Donaghy niall.donaghy at geant.org
Fri Jun 8 10:36:12 EDT 2018

Hi Brandon,

I've never seen this.

Musings:

	- Does 'show chassis hardware extensive' also mis-report?
	- Have you tried (perhaps not until JTAC have a look at current state of the device) 'restart chassis-control soft' and/or 'gracefully'?
		- I don't know for sure, but I will take an educated guess that i) this process includes the I2C functions, and that ii) the PEM reports its serial number via I2C?
	- Alternatively you might reseat the PEM, if the chassis configuration supports this as non-service-affecting?

Hopefully JTAC will bear fruit, or someone else who has actually experienced this can advise.

Br,
Niall