[j-nsp] Router for full routes

joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Wed Jun 27 11:20:01 EDT 2018

On 6/27/18 8:42 AM, Tom Beecher wrote:
> Can confirm convergence time on the MX80 with even a single full table
> session is extremely painful, and essentially not functional in a
> production environment.
>

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 7:10 AM, Dovid Bender <dovid at telecurve.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> In my 9-5 I work for an ITSP where we have two MX5's with
>> - iBGP
>> - two up steams with two BGP sessions each (one per routes)
>> - one upstream with one bgp session
>> - one bgp session where we get minimal routes (maybe 15 total)
>>
>> I was told that convergence time on the MX5 would be horrible so we never
>> tried full routes. I am wondering what's the "lowest" model that can
>> support full routes without having an issue re-sorting the routes.
 the 32 bit freescale  control-plane cpu is bit under-powered.

virtual-mx / mx150  as software devices are more than capable of doing
it. So are devices like the mx204, MX REs newer than the RE-2000 (which
is a bit long in the tooth / more than 10 years old a this point) also
mid-range and higher SRXes