[j-nsp] Random question: JUNOS upgrades on dual-RE routers

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Thu Jun 28 10:28:25 EDT 2018

In my testing I haven't seen an issue with leaving it like this, however,
that is my lab testing.... I only turned up my dual re, (5) node 100 gig
ring of mx960's about 2 months ago with live traffic, and haven't had to do
any issu upgrades or anything ... so I can only speak from my lab test thus
far... but, with re1 running as master and re0 running as backup, it's been
fine in lab.

...lab 240...
root at lab-mx-240> show chassis routing-engine | grep "slot|state|elec"
  Slot 0:
    Current state                  Backup
    Election priority              Master (default)
  Slot 1:
    Current state                  Master
    Election priority              Backup (default)

...lab 960...
{master}
agould at lab-960> show chassis routing-engine | grep "slot|state|elec"
  Slot 0:
    Current state                  Backup
    Election priority              Master (default)
  Slot 1:
    Current state                  Master
    Election priority              Backup (default)

- Aaron