[j-nsp] Random question: JUNOS upgrades on dual-RE routers

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Thu Jun 28 10:45:01 EDT 2018

I've been doing it for years with no ill effects.  The only thing I do
is change the backup/master designations in chassis redundancy to
clear the alarm about running on the backup RE:

mx960> show configuration chassis redundancy |display set
set chassis redundancy routing-engine 0 backup
set chassis redundancy routing-engine 1 master
set chassis redundancy failover on-loss-of-keepalives
set chassis redundancy failover on-disk-failure
set chassis redundancy graceful-switchover