[j-nsp] router reflector clients and non-clients

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Wed May 30 03:14:22 EDT 2018

Alexander Marhold wrote:
> If you set the cluster-id for a group all configured neighbors are
> RR-clients

Fine. But how do I tell the RR that if it receives an update with its
own cluster-id from another router (not member of the group, e.g.
another RR in the same cluster), it should reject the update?

> So in your example all 4 neighbors including D and E are clients.

Why, it's not my example, it's Juniper's! It's from
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/bgp-route-reflectors.html

> However the RR concept is quite flexible, a RR itself can be a client of
> another RR ( hierarchically or at peer level)

No, I'm not talking about hierarchy. Let's consider a setup with two
redundant RRs in the same cluster. They are certainly not each other's
clients, but they must have a session between them, and an identical
client-id on both. How would you configure this?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
AS43859