[j-nsp] router reflector clients and non-clients

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Wed May 30 03:31:45 EDT 2018

Alexander Marhold wrote:
> To further evaluate on that topic:
>
> The rule for a IBGP community is:
> IBGP learned routes are not allowed to forward to other IBGP neighbors
>
> The IBGP rules for an RR are:
> IBGP learned routes from a nonclient are allowed to be forwarded to all
> clients only
> IBGP learned routes from a client are allowed to be forwarded to all IBGP
> neighbors ( clients and nonclients)

There is one more rule:

Any route reflector that receives an iBGP update with its cluster-ID
already in the cluster-list will ignore that update.

This is mostly useful in configurations with redundant RRs, to prevent
routing loops between the RRs.

So on Juniper, how do I configure that iBGP peer x.x.x.x is not a
RR-client, but another RR in the same cluster as the current router?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
AS43859