[j-nsp] router reflector clients and non-clients

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Wed May 30 03:31:24 EDT 2018

> Of Victor Sudakov
> Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 8:07 AM
>
> Alan Gravett wrote:
> > A RR can also be a client with hierarchical RR's...
>
> A hierarchy is irrelevant for this discussion. We are talking about how a
RR
> should differentiate between
>
> 1. Its clients
>
> 2. Non-clients
>
> 3. Non-clients which are also RRs in the same cluster (from which you
should
> reject updates based on the cluster-id attribute).

I know what you're talking about,
Even if you configure the other RR as a non-client in its dedicated
peer-group router will know what to do and will drop updates based on common
cluster-ID -eve cluster-ID is configured under peer-group it's a global BGP
attribute, but let me ask you this instead.
Why would you even connect RR1 and RR2 if they are in the same cluster
-why to bother exchanging routes between the RRs just to be dropped by the
receiving party.

Instead you should not even connect RR1 and RR2 together
And treat RR infrastructure built from RR1s I their respective clusters as a
separate infrastructure to RR2s.
This is the proper way

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::