[j-nsp] Interconnecting spines in spine & leaf networks [ was Re: Opinions on fusion provider edge ]

Hugo Slabbert hugo at slabnet.com
Mon Nov 19 00:31:39 EST 2018

>Thanks Hugo, what about leaf to leaf connection?  Is that good?

It Depends(tm).  I would start with asking why you want to interconnect
your leafs.  Same question again about scaling out >2 as well as just what
you're trying to accomplish with those links.  A use case could be
something like MLAG/VPC/whatever to bring L2 redundancy down to the node
attachment.  Personally I'm trying to kill the need for that (well, more
just run L3 straight down to the host and be done with all layers of
protocols and headers just to stretch L2 everywhere), but one battle at a
time.

Hugo Slabbert       | email, xmpp/jabber: hugo at slabnet.com
pgp key: B178313E   | also on Signal