[j-nsp] BFD Distributed Mode for IPv6

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Oct 2 08:55:29 EDT 2018

Hi all.

I've been going back & forth with JTAC on this, and they seem a bit lost.

Does anyone know whether BFD for IPv6 (IS-IS) is supported in the PFE on
the MX?

On the router, it clearly isn't:

*****

Destination: aaa.bb.cc.2, Protocol: BFD, Transmission interval: 2000
*Distributed: TRUE*, Distribution handle: 1257, Distribution address: fpc0
IFL-index: 363
Replicated

Destination: fe80::1205:caff:fe85:c702, Protocol: BFD, Transmission
interval: 2000
*Distributed: FALSE*
IFL-index: 363
Tx Jitter: 25, Tx Delayed: FALSE, Delay Difference: 0, Last Tx Interval:
1667, Tx Delayed count: 0, Tx Interval Threshold: 2500, Tx Largest
Interval: 0, Tx Counter: 1706639

*****

JTAC are currently suggesting increasing timers for the IPv6 BFD
sessions is the workaround. I'm looking into whether there is known
support on the way.

Anyone else know more?

Currently on 16.2, but jumping to 17.4 soon.

Mark.