[j-nsp] BFD Distributed Mode for IPv6

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Wed Oct 3 05:09:11 EDT 2018

> Of Mark Tinka
> Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2018 9:47 PM
>

> On 2/Oct/18 21:13, James Bensley wrote:
>
> > I presume that if one were to run MT-ISIS there would be no impact to
> IPv4?
>
> We already run MT for IS-IS. I consider this as basic a requirement as
"Wide
> Metrics".
>
> However, the issue here is BFD sees the whole of IS-IS as a client. So if
BFD
> has a moment, it will signal its client (IS-IS), regardless of whether the
> moment was for IPv4 or IPv6.

If you'd have separate ISIS process for v6 would it be possible to spin up a
separate/dedicated BFD process for that ISIS?
Although I'm afraid it's going to be just a single BFD process on a
particular link for all protocols running adjacencies on that link...

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::