[j-nsp] BFD Distributed Mode for IPv6

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Oct 3 05:12:58 EDT 2018

On 3/Oct/18 11:09, adamv0025 at netconsultings.com wrote:

> If you'd have separate ISIS process for v6 would it be possible to spin up a
> separate/dedicated BFD process for that ISIS?

Probably not. I'm not sure there is a way to run separate IS-IS
processes in Junos, unless you run single-stack for IPv4 and IPv6 on
separate interfaces for each protocol.

> Although I'm afraid it's going to be just a single BFD process on a
> particular link for all protocols running adjacencies on that link...

Yes, likely. Unless, as I mentioned above, you run a single IP protocol
on its own interface. So interface A runs IPv4, and interface B runs
IPv6. But that's just silly.

It's much easier for me to disable BFD for IPv6.

Mark.