[j-nsp] Junos Telemetry Interface (JTI)

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Tue Oct 9 18:02:05 EDT 2018

I’ve been working on getting telemetry analytics data into a Ubuntu server running grafana and other things like influxdb, telegraf, etc, etc… working with a linux engineer coworker.  We have seen the MX960 sensor telem data getting sent to the Ubuntu/grafana server using tcpdump and nc (netcat), but unable to get it ingested into the correct data collector mechanism… trying to learn… I understand that the MX960 sends telem data as transport udp or grpc and formatted as gpb or gbp self described, but, again, unable to get it ingested into my Ubuntu/grafana telem collector station.

…we also had put open-nti on the ubuntu server too… we are unsuccessful in getting the open-nti docker image to start.

I read somewhere that if there are ports in use that are also needed for the open-nti docker container (8086, 50000, etc) then docker will fail to start image.  Unsure if this is my issue but wouldn’t be surprised if it is, as I believe we’ve loaded items in their native form (grafana , influxdb, etc) and then also open-nti which I understand is a nicely contained package of all those said items…. Which is why we are going to start with a clean slate tomorrow , a new Ubuntu image and only go with open-nti.

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I’ll try to circle back and share any successes along the way.

-Aaron