[j-nsp] flow sampling aggregated interfaces

Olivier Benghozi olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr
Thu Sep 6 12:37:53 EDT 2018

Flow sampling works on the address-family of layer3 subinterface, so it's under the "unit x family y", whether the unit is on an ae or a physical layer1/2 interface (since you want to sample all the traffic):

set interfaces ae4 unit 0 family inet sampling input
set interfaces ae5 unit 0 family inet sampling input

However the inline sampling «engine» must be activated on both fpc under chassis, and you'll probably activate it on all fpc of your chassis using an apply-group:

set groups chassis-fpc-netflow chassis fpc <*> sampling-instance sample-1
set groups chassis-fpc-netflow chassis fpc <*> inline-services flex-flow-sizing
set chassis fpc 0 apply-groups chassis-fpc-netflow
set chassis fpc 1 apply-groups chassis-fpc-netflow
set chassis fpc 2 apply-groups chassis-fpc-netflow

Flex-flow-sizing exists since 15.1F5, with previous versions you must partition statically and manually the inline-sampling space.