[j-nsp] qfx5100 software upgrades and virtual-chassis

Nitzan Tzelniker nitzan.tzelniker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 14:11:44 EDT 2018

If you cant afford taking down the whole VC do not work with VC
This is my philosophy with VC
Do MC-LAG or EVPN in these environment (even with VC just to increase the
number of ports )

Regarding the host they dont have to be the same unless there is a known
issue

From
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/installation/qfx-series-software-upgrading.html

However, pay attention to these notes regarding Junos OS and Host OS
versions:

   -

   The Junos OS and Host OS versions do not need to be the same.
   -

   During an ISSU, the Host OS cannot be upgraded.
   -

   Upgrading the Host OS is not required for every software upgrade, as
   noted above.

Nitzan