[j-nsp] qfx5100 software upgrades and virtual-chassis

Louis Kowolowski louisk at cryptomonkeys.org
Thu Sep 6 15:01:58 EDT 2018

> On Sep 6, 2018, at 1:47 PM, Richard McGovern <rmcgovern at juniper.net> wrote:
>
> Louis, for reason (I assume some issue) is TAC saying that a host-upgrade solves something?  I also assume from Junos SW point of view, you plan to stay with 14.1X53-D43, yes?

Yes (Supposedly). And Yes.  I'm not convinced, but they won't troubleshoot the case further until I do.
SNMP counters and descriptions aren't being updated for AE interfaces >9. I troubleshot this to the actual switch. For example in bytes is 48, it doesn't change. If I look at the counters for the physical interface, they update as expected. Also, the >9 is wierd. AE0-9 work as expected. AE10-? don't update properly.

This is only for SNMP. If you look at the interface counters under 'show interface', they update as expected. The correct description is also shown.  I tried restarting SNMP and it didn't make a difference.

Also worth noting is that this oddity/problem doesn't appear to impact the flow of traffic through the box, nor the ability of the AE interface to function in any way (such as LACP failover).

> BTW, in the future solution to this is to perform Host Upgrade at same time as Junos Upgrade, using the force-host option - https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/installation/qfx-series-software-upgrading-cli.html

Yes, I've been made aware of that now. :-)

Thanks.

Louis Kowolowski                                louisk at cryptomonkeys.org
Cryptomonkeys:                                   http://www.cryptomonkeys.com/

Making life more interesting for people since 1977