[j-nsp] "set routing-options protect core" breaks local-preference

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Wed Sep 12 16:51:27 EDT 2018

USB
> then and takes some old config).
>
> On the other side I do not remember any issue at all that was caused by a
> changed software behaviour after updating existing hardware or any other
> issue a vm lab would have saved us.

Well then I guess it's a question for the business whether they accept the
risk with each upgrade or whether they are willing to pay for a lab.
It should be simple mathematics then. How much would it cost the business to
buy at least one of each and how much does it cost the business to
experience these nasty surprises every now and then in terms of business
reputation and lost opportunities and in simple SLA compensations.

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::