[j-nsp] EVPN-VXLAN: Mixing QFX and EX

Ian i2vanov at protonmail.com
Tue Apr 16 01:13:51 EDT 2019

Experts,

New to Junos, I am currently working on a small network with a spine-leaf design that would initially consist of two QFX5110 spine and four EX4600 leaf. Each leaf would connect to each spine with two 40GbE.

The logical layout representation is as follow, only one link designed for simplicity

[spine_leaf.png]

I have been provided EX4600 for leaf and QFX5110 for spine. I plan on using EVPN-VXLAN and wanted to know, except for the large number of configuration and need for automation of VXLAN configuration, if somebody would see any problem mixing EX4600 and QFX5110 in such setup.

Many thanks for feedbacks.

I.