[j-nsp] EVPN-VXLAN: Mixing QFX and EX

Vincent Bernat bernat at luffy.cx
Tue Apr 16 09:37:47 EDT 2019

 ❦ 16 avril 2019 11:04 +00, Ian <i2vanov at protonmail.com>:

> Thank you, Vincent.
>
> That is weird; it was a very simple layout illustration, I am attaching it again.
>
> Ultimate goal is to reduce broadcast domain size while having the
> resources be able to participate in L2 without over-sizing it and
> without using spanning-tree overheads and its risks.

OK. So, the main question is whatever you are expecting to route between
VXLAN (or between a VXLAN and a VLAN). EX4600 is only able to do L2
stuff with VXLAN. 5110 is able to route between VXLAN and may be able
under some conditions to route between a VLAN and a VXLAN.
--
10.0 times 0.1 is hardly ever 1.0.