[j-nsp] LACP is not running between two VMX

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Apr 24 18:16:35 EDT 2019

Sorry I don't have mc-lag configs for vMX, but I did do mc-lag on vQFX...

Here is some quick outputs from my eve-ng lab...

I have mc-lag between (2) vQFX devices... and actually, the lag client side
is one vMX node...

Here's one side of the mc-lag pair... I grabbed some commands that I recall
being important to make this work... forgive me, it's been a while... lemme
know if you need anything else from this...

{master:0}
root at stlr-qfx-01> show configuration interfaces ae1 | display set
set interfaces ae1 mtu 9216
set interfaces ae1 aggregated-ether-options lacp active
set interfaces ae1 aggregated-ether-options lacp system-id 00:01:02:03:04:05
set interfaces ae1 aggregated-ether-options lacp admin-key 3
set interfaces ae1 aggregated-ether-options mc-ae mc-ae-id 3
set interfaces ae1 aggregated-ether-options mc-ae redundancy-group 1
set interfaces ae1 aggregated-ether-options mc-ae chassis-id 0
set interfaces ae1 aggregated-ether-options mc-ae mode active-active
set interfaces ae1 aggregated-ether-options mc-ae status-control active
set interfaces ae1 aggregated-ether-options mc-ae init-delay-time 240
set interfaces ae1 unit 0 family ethernet-switching interface-mode trunk
set interfaces ae1 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members ten

set multi-chassis multi-chassis-protection 1.1.1.15 interface ae0

set protocols iccp local-ip-addr 1.1.1.5
set protocols iccp peer 1.1.1.15 session-establishment-hold-time 50
set protocols iccp peer 1.1.1.15 redundancy-group-id-list 1
set protocols iccp peer 1.1.1.15 backup-liveness-detection backup-peer-ip
10.207.64.233
set protocols iccp peer 1.1.1.15 liveness-detection minimum-receive-interval
60
set protocols iccp peer 1.1.1.15 liveness-detection transmit-interval
minimum-interval 60
set protocols rstp bpdu-block-on-edge
set switch-options service-id 1

{master:0}
root at stlr-qfx-01> show interfaces mc-ae
 Member Link                  : ae1
 Current State Machine's State: mcae active state
 Local Status                 : active
 Local State                  : up
 Peer Status                  : active
 Peer State                   : up
     Logical Interface        : ae1.0
     Topology Type            : bridge
     Local State              : up
     Peer State               : up
     Peer Ip/MCP/State        : 1.1.1.15 ae0.0 up

{master:0}
root at stlr-qfx-01> show iccp

Redundancy Group Information for peer 1.1.1.15
  TCP Connection       : Established
  Liveliness Detection : Up
  Backup liveness peer status: Up
  Redundancy Group ID          Status