[j-nsp] RSVP-TE broken between pre and post 16.1 code?

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Fri Aug 16 06:01:36 EDT 2019

Not much it's a bug, it appears form the logs that the path message has "something different" in the ERO when CSPF is enabled triggering the bug ...

> LSPs on 16.1 will do self-ping after they come up before they put traffic on
> them. The lo0 filter has to permit that, or you’ve got to disable self-ping.

LSPs will do self ping when switching onto a new/optimized path, not when the LSP is first brought up -which in this case doesn’t happen.

> Or am I parsing this weird, and you’re saying this is still an issue even with the
> self ping disabled (or permitted in filters), under those conditions?

Yes that is correct, this problem appears even before the self-ping is engaged (the LSP is not even signalled -the RESV msg is never sent as a response to PATH msg in this case).

adam