[j-nsp] PFE forwarding bug - PR1380183

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Wed Aug 21 03:14:33 EDT 2019

> Aaron Gould
> Sent: Monday, August 19, 2019 4:36 PM
>
> I hit PR1380183 last week on an MX960.
>

> https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prcontent
> <https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prcontent&id=PR138
> 0183>
> &id=PR1380183
>
> I currently run 17.4R2-S1.2 on all my MX960's.
>
> The PR mentions a fix in 5 different versions of Junos.
>
> Should I stick with the current train I'm in ?

I'd ask your SE if JSU can be used to fix the bug, that in my opinion is the
safest approach as it limits the possibility of introducing regression bugs
(fixes in S release breaking other stuff).
Also wondering what the flap rate must be in order to trigger the bug -would
the exponential hold down timer for interface state changes help avoid
running into conditions when this bug is triggered please?

adam