[j-nsp] SRX1500 (pkt mode) dhcp relay and VoIP phones

Anderson, Charles R cra at wpi.edu
Wed Jan 16 10:16:49 EST 2019

What make/model are your IP phones?  Are you doing dhcp-snooping on a
separate switch?  If so, I'd advise disabling dhcp-snooping on the
SRX.  Are you doing voip-vlan?

We are using Avaya 96xx-series phones on EX4200, EX4300, and EX3400
switches.  The switches are doing voip-vlan and dhcp-snooping.  The
EX3400 switches are behind MX150 routers using the new jdhcpd relay on
MX150 17.3R2. This is my config which works fine with our IP phones:

set forwarding-options dhcp-relay overrides allow-snooped-clients
set forwarding-options dhcp-relay overrides trust-option-82
set forwarding-options dhcp-relay server-group DHCP-SERVERS a.b.c.d
set forwarding-options dhcp-relay server-group DHCP-SERVERS w.x.y.z
set forwarding-options dhcp-relay active-server-group DHCP-SERVERS
set forwarding-options dhcp-relay group DHCP-RELAYS interface ae0.50
set forwarding-options dhcp-relay no-snoop