[j-nsp] OSPF reference-bandwidth 1T

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Jan 16 10:41:46 EST 2019

Hey,

> In the process of adding 100G, LAGs with multiple 100G, and to be prepared
> for 400G, looking for feedback on setting ospf reference-bandwidth to 1T.
>
> Please let me know if you have had any issues with this, or if it has been
> a smooth transition for you .

No one should be using bandwidth based metrics, it's quite
non-sensical. I would recommend that if you have only few egress
points for given prefix, adopt role based metric P-PE, P-P-city,
P-P-country etc. If you have many egress options for given prefix
latency based metric might be better bet.

Traffic should fit your ideal SPT, if you are not able to engineer so
that SPT has enough capacity, run RSVP to move some traffic off SPT.

--
  ++ytti